3 ounces cherry Jell-o
1 cup hot water
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup each of ground cranberries and orange
1/2 cup chopped pecans
8 ounces drained crushed pineapple, save the juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice (use the reserved juice and add water to make 1/2 cup)
1. Bring a cup of water to a boil.
2. In a 9×13-inch pan, dissolve the Jell-o in the hot water, ensuring it mixes thoroughly.
3. Add the sugar, lemon juice, and pineapple juice to the Jell-o mixture, stirring until they are completely dissolved.
4. Incorporate the remaining ingredients into the mixture and blend them in.
Pro Tip: Chop pecans before blending. You can buy pre-chopped pecans to save time. Use a blender or food processor to chop cranberries and partially peeled, seeded orange for added zest.
5. Refrigerate the mixture overnight to chill and set.
Note: Grandma’s Cranberry Salad can be made ahead of time, which makes it a convenient dish for busy holiday preparations. Just keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to serve!
Grandma’s Cranberry Salad is more than just a recipe; it’s a cherished tradition that brings generations of our family together. With its vibrant flavors and festive appeal, this salad adds a deliciously nostalgic touch to any holiday feast. Serve it alongside your favorite sides, and it’s sure to become a crowd-pleasing favorite, just as it has been for us. Enjoy!