32 ounces dry corn bread mix
1/2 cup melted butter
6 chopped hard-boiled eggs
1 diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 diced celery
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
28 ounces chicken broth
2 cups turkey stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté celery and onion until tender and translucent.
2. Prepare cornbread according to package instructions, cool, and crumble.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, sautéed celery, onion, melted butter, and eggs. Mix gently.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and sage.
6. Gradually add chicken and turkey broth, one cup at a time, until moist but not overly wet.
7. Transfer stuffing to a Dutch oven or turkey cavity.
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the stuffing reaches an internal temperature of 175°F (80°C).
Savor the warm and comforting flavors of Mama’s Cornbread Dressing, a dish that carries the legacy of generations. Its versatility allows you to enjoy it on its own or as a complement to other main courses and sides. Prepare this recipe with Mama’s love and watch as it becomes a cherished staple on your own family’s table.