1.5 pounds of lean ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 pound of pasta
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
One 22.6-ounce can of condensed tomato soup
One 22.6-ounce can of condensed mushroom soup
Salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley (optional)
Shredded cheese of your choice (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent. Add the lean ground beef to the skillet. Cook until browned and fully cooked, breaking it apart as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the condensed tomato soup, condensed mushroom soup, and milk. Mix until well combined.
3. Add the soup mixture to the cooked beef and cooked pasta. Stir in salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to greased casserole dish. If desired, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top. Sprinkle paprika and parsley if desired on top.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the casserole is hot and bubbly.
Gather your loved ones around the table and savor the flavors of this Amish-inspired dish. Amish Country Casserole is a versatile recipe that can be enjoyed in any season and is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. So, bring a taste of Amish tradition to your home and indulge in this heart-warming casserole.