Materials You’ll Need:
- Mortar and pestle, coffee grinder, or food processor
- Airtight container for storing finely crushed eggshells
- Spray bottle (optional)
- Gather Eggshells: Save and rinse eggshells after your culinary adventures and let them air dry to remove moisture.
- Pulverize the Eggshells: Use a mortar and pestle, a coffee grinder, or a food processor to grind the eggshells into a fine powder.
- Store the Eggshell Powder: Keep the finely crushed eggshells in a tightly sealed container for easy access.
- Blend with Water: When it’s time to nourish your plants, mix a few tablespoons of the eggshell powder with water. You can pour this mixture at the plant’s base or strain it and transfer it to a spray bottle for even distribution.
- Application: If you opt for spraying, apply the mixture directly to the leaves and the soil around your plants. For ground-level application, gently pour the mixture around the root zone, avoiding contact with the foliage.
- Repeat as Needed: Administer the eggshell fertilizer every few weeks or as required, depending on your plant’s specific needs.
Never throw away those eggshells! Instead, turn them into a natural, budget-friendly, and eco-conscious solution to enrich your garden’s vitality. By recycling kitchen waste and providing your plants with essential calcium and minerals, you’re giving your garden the secret ingredient it craves. Plus, the added benefit of warding off common garden pests makes it even more enticing. Don’t wait; give eggshell fertilizer a try and watch your garden transform into a thriving paradise. Your plants will thank you for it!