Skip to content
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats ( for gluten-free version use gluten-free quick oats)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Bring the first four ingredients to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, oatmeal, and chocolate chips, and stir until combined and the chocolate chips have melted.
- Pour into a round cake pan. A 9-inch or 10-inch pan works great. (If you are going to serve this on a cake platter or plate, line the pan with parchment paper to make removing from pan easier.)
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- These will keep in the refrigerator for several days.