– Beat the egg whites and mix them with the spices mentioned above (and others that you particularly like). In particular, you can add rosemary or special fried spices that you will find in any supermarket.
– Then put the cut potatoes in a salad bowl and pour the whipped egg whites. Mix everything well with your hands.
– Remove the pan from the oven, line it with baking paper or parchment.
– Place your potato chip sticks on top. For the little trick: space them out so they don’t stick together.
– Put the tray back into the preheated oven at 220°C. After 10 minutes check the cooking. Make sure you flip them so they cook on the other side as well. After another 10-12 minutes, your fries are ready.
NB : another version consists in boiling them very lightly before putting them in the oven. Again, you need to repeat the above process with the egg whites and spices.
That’s it, now you have a perfect method for making fluffy, golden brown fries without having to drain the cooking oil!