2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 stick softened unsalted butter
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the coating:
1 cup powdered sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
1/4 cup lemon juice powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, powdered sugar, salt, and lemon flavoring.
3. Add and mix in the flour until combined.
4. Scoop 1-inch sized balls of dough onto the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 13 minutes or so, or until lightly browned.
6. Make a coating by sifting powdered sugar and lemon juice powder into a shallow bowl.
7. After baking, cool cookies briefly, then roll them in the coating.
8. Cool completely and roll in sugar again.
Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Enjoy the zingy and irresistible flavor of these Lemon Snowball Cookies alongside a hot beverage or as a delightful dessert. With their delicate appearance and refreshing taste, they are the perfect treat for any occasion.