– 1 sleeve of crackers (we like Ritz)
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 1/2 packed brown sugar
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– Candy topping of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Arrange Ritz crackers in a single layer in the dish.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar, bringing it to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes without stirring.
4. Pour the caramel mixture over the crackers, then bake for 5 minutes to set.
5. Remove from the oven, sprinkle chocolate chips, and return for 2 minutes to soften.
6. Spread the melted chocolate evenly.
7. Top with optional candy.
8. Allow to cool, then break into pieces. Refrigerate to speed up cooling if needed.
Now you have a fabulous recipe for Christmas Crack that is sure to impress your family and friends. Enjoy this sweet and salty indulgence as a delightful treat during the holiday season.