Servings: Makes about 36 pieces, depending on cut size
– 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
– 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, cubed
– 1/4 cup caramel sauce, plus extra for drizzling
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, allowing the paper to overhang the edges for easy removal later.
2. In your slow cooker, combine the sweetened condensed milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and cubed butter.
3. Cover and cook on low for 1 to 2 hours, checking periodically, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir well every 15-20 minutes to prevent burning.
4. Once the chocolate has fully melted, carefully stir in the 1/4 cup of caramel sauce and the vanilla extract until evenly mixed.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly with a spatula.
6. Drizzle a little extra caramel sauce on top and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
7. Allow to cool at room temperature before placing in the refrigerator to set for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
8. Once the fudge is firm, lift it out of the dish using the parchment paper flaps, place it on a cutting board, and cut into squares.
9. Store your fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. Enjoy your decadently smooth and salty-sweet treat!
Variations & Tips:
– For a nutty twist, stir in a handful of chopped pecans or walnuts to the chocolate mixture just before it’s finished melting.
– If you want a deeper caramel flavor, consider using dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate.
– To ensure even melting and prevent the chocolate from burning, be sure to give it a good stir as it cooks in the slow cooker.
– If you’re gifting this fudge, wrap individual pieces in wax paper and tuck them into a pretty tin or box lined with festive paper.
– For a festive touch during the holidays, sprinkle some crushed peppermint candies on top of the fudge along with the sea salt.
– Be creative and have fun with toppings! You could add a swirl of peanut butter, sprinkle on mini marshmallows, or even add a dash of cinnamon for a unique twist.
Enjoy crafting this sweet confection that’s sure to bring smiles to all who sample it. It’s a cozy little pleasure that brings big flavor and joy.