1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
For the crust:
1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan with butter or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
2. In a bowl, combine the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar for the crust. Mix well until the mixture resembles wet sand.
3. Press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan to create an even layer. Bake for around 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 30 mins.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
5. Gradually add the fresh lemon juice to the egg yolk mixture, stirring until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour the lemon filling over the cooled crust in the baking pan, spreading it evenly.
7. Bake for another 15 minutes until set. Remove and cool for at least 1 hour until set.
Once chilled, carefully remove the lemon squares from the pan using the parchment paper, if using, and cut them into squares.
Enjoy the creamy and tangy goodness of your homemade Creamy Lemon Squares! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
These Creamy Lemon Squares are a delicious treat that will surely brighten up any gathering. The tangy and luscious lemon filling, combined with the buttery crust, creates a delightful balance of flavors. Whether you serve them as a standalone dessert or accompany them with whipped cream and fresh berries, these lemon squares are bound to become a favorite among your family and friends.