16 ounces of cubed mozzarella or cheddar cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1 tablespoon diced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2 clove minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the cubed mozzarella cheese (or cheddar) in a clean mason jar, leaving some space at the top.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, minced fresh parsley, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic, finely chopped fresh basil, finely chopped fresh oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Pour the olive oil mixture over the cheese in the mason jar until it covers the cheese completely. If needed, add more olive oil to ensure the cheese is fully submerged.
4. Seal the mason jar with a lid tightly.
5. Gently shake the jar to distribute the marinade evenly.
6. Refrigerate the marinated cheese for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
Enjoy this delightful Marinated Cheese in Mason Jar, and savor the combination of herbs, cheese, and the Mediterranean essence it brings to your table. This recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, making it a convenient and delicious addition to any meal or gathering.